Come and experience wonderful views of the Mississippi River in historic LeClaire from the newly renovated Dawley House. The Dawley House is a brick Italianate-style house built in 1851 by a riverboat captain and features Victorian-era chandeliers, a curved staircase and a metal fireplace.
The Crane and Pelican is open for Lunch & Dinner with a full service bar Monday through Saturday from 11am-9pm. Lunch & dinner offer an easy-going dining experience with homemade soups, salads, sandwiches, entrees, & desserts. We pride ourselves on making our food from scratch. Menu
Guests are invited upstairs to the 2nd floor to visit the “Crane & Pelican Art Annex” where we feature artists such as Billie Davids. We also have a family room on the 2nd level with a changing table, toys for the kids, and a comfortable place for nursing moms (you are, of course. also welcome to nurse your child in our dining room).
Private rooms are available for Private Parties, Luncheons and Dinners for 6 to 75 people. We will be happy to design a menu to fit your tastes and budget. We also have a full service bar with high quality and affordable wines available by the case, three delicious beers on tap, as well as open bar and cash bar options. For more information about Private Parties, click here. We looking forward to serving you!
Thank you for your support in the online voter polls:
- Voted “Best Locally Owned Restaurant and Best Meal” by the 2013 Quad City Times Reader’s Choice Awards.
- Voted best “New Restaurants that opened in 2009” in the River City Reader Spring 2010 Best of the Quad Cities reader survey
- Voted “Best Kept Secrets” in the River City Reader Spring 2011 poll Best of the Quad Cities reader survey
- “Best Restaurant”, “Best Kept Secret” and “Best Restaurant for Vegetarian Diners” in the River City Reader Spring 2013 survey
- Awarded Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor for 4 straight years 2014-2017
Experience LeClaire, Iowa!
The historic riverfront town of LeClaire offers unique gift and specialty shops, nature photography (at Lock & Dam 14), antiques and so much more.
For more information about LeClaire, Iowa: http://www.visitleclaire.com/